Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

PCLinuxOS: "Finally Found What I was Looking for!"

Now here is the thing, I was resolute to have a solution in place within days, by the weekend at least. So what really happened. Just over 24 hours ago, I lost it on my machine (my beloved Dell Precision M6500). After tolerating no real functioning wireless device that fuelled no love for Broadcom and being limited by a less than a full featured Nvidia video card, I decided to make a move to improve my dormant state and get out of the "woe is me" life I have chosen (life with Linux on the Laptop that is).

Knowing that there had to be a solution, I broke the OS that had been good to me for several months now, no regrets, she was meant for the big times and deserved more than I could give, parting was such sweet sorry. I then quickly moved on to others I had been with in the past, but was soon reminded why we never made it in the first place.

Still resolute to find a solution I kept looking, then finally I came across, the one (the new OS, flavor of the month); yes, this could be the one. So far, a short encounter has me thinking that this is the start of something really special. The beginning of a long term relationship, the kind you take home to mama. So who is she? 

PCLinuxOS     

Yes indeed, with the live DVD, the Nvidia driver works and the graphics are amazing, not only that, but the Broadcom wireless card now works as well with the live DVD.

For your listening pleasure!


Until next time,
Walk good!

No comments:

Post a Comment